Saturday, June 13, 2009

3 Month Weight Challenge- Continued

Today is the first week completion of my weight challenge which started on June 5.
Bad news first......as per feedback received from both my friends Anu and Shilpa, they have cheated on their diets...including yours truly. We could not control our respective nerves to resist the temptation of sweets that were dangled before us. And all of 3 of us gave in to the sweet temptation and committed the forgiving sin. Forgiving because we have the right to forgive ourselves in such moments of weakness.

But the good news is all 3 of us are still raring to go and have decided to let bygones be bygones and treat it like a warm up week where we were allowed to cheat and eat, which was forgiven if confessed. And all 3 readily confessed to each other, which means we go scotfree and can now look forward to the next 3 months witha fresh perspective.
On a personal note..I am confessing here that last week was not just the first week of my so called 3 month weight challenge but also the most excruciating. Because when I had that basundi and the ragda pattice not only did i cheat eat but I bunked my swimming sessions for 4 days of the week. I so totally failed the warm up round....that it felt like a cold shoulder given to weight challenge right at its infancy stage.
So here I am raring to go in my second week...where I am planning not to miss my single swiiming session, walk up the 5 floors to my office and also change my (and hubby's) dinner diets.
We realised we end up having dinner at 10 which is not good considering its beeen written somewhere that there should be atleast a gap of 3 hours before one hits the bed. Well, we dont hitting the bed at 1 pm nor can we have dinner at 8, so we are planning to alter the dinner itself.
It will be sprouts in the misal style and fruits (apples/oranges or seasonal fruit) and if still hungry then a glass of milk withut any additions. No chapatis and no rice. I am hoping this will work and looking forward to losing 1 kg every week with this diet.

Also, both of us have to take care of our Triglyceride levels which have gone thru the roof. Will come back and keep posted on whether there was indeed a weight loss observed.
My weight today was 62.4 kgs. I am hoping to touch 61.4 kgs by next saturday and so with my hubby who is 90 kgs today.

Watch this space. :-)

No comments: