Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My first Bite

Yesterday I had my first bite of the King Alphonso.. mango ofcourse! It was reddish orange in colour with a sweet, warm and intoxicating aroma. I was tantalised with its sheer presence in my palms. And as I brought it closer to my nose & lips to smell the aroma, my olfactory senses went berserk. Its the same effect every year, on me and everyone else....and no doubt its called the King of the fruits. No other fruit has that impact on your senses like the Mango. No other fruit gets so much news space in the papers and coverage on TV channels. Imagine a banana (Aam aadmi ka phal) or even an Apple (which has a saying to its credit) does not get more or even equivalent share of voice. Come summer and the only thing which Indians look forward to besides the school vacations is the Mango. Also, earlier you have the Mango during the season you are looked upon as GOD! Most of us, will wait for the prices to come down...but still a vast majority cant wait. When you gotta go, you gotta go!
This fruit truly brings out the child in you....you are least bothered how you look when devouring this delight. The mouth changes its colour, the lips go slurping the juice right till the edges of your elbow (really..not exaggerating!..chk kids when they have it) and ofcourse licking off the last remnants of this fruit from the plate. Nothing gives more bliss than that.
Who cares abt your P's and Q's when King M is around?
Its been reported that the Mango is going to be expensive this season. So whats new I ask. Isnt it the same story every year. So who cares (again)..
So I say, Go Mango and indulge! Eat, drink and make merry (read:eat mango) because tomorrow you may diet. If you ain't eaten it this summer, it aint summer!

No comments: