Thursday, December 11, 2014

Being 40!

A spectrum of emotions as baggage, I embark on this journey of introspection,
a feeling of accomplishment and yet many things still undone much to my dissatisfaction.
Been there done that many times and yet to cross the finishing line,
a mixed bag of opportunities life has been so far, often going with the flow & sometimes by design.

When slowing down does not mean a sign of weakness, a new realization has dawned.
Acceptance and moving on, brings a sense of peace, as someone wise said, "This too shall pass."

"This world is just a theater", Shakespeare had philosophically said,
where each one is destined to play a certain part and address.
Yet attempting to write my own script & become the hero, I can look into the mirror squarely and face.

Besides a theater, this world makes a unique market place.
Where now I realize, giving back more than receiving is even more fulfilling and meaningful
in many more ways.

Better late than never is what describes best the present state of mind.
Retrospect and taking stock of what has been right and the rest leave behind.

Living in the moment and enjoying as if this would be (God forbid!) my last day,
many things yet to accomplish, Lord give me wisdom and strength to sustain, I pray.

Midlife is the best place to be unlike what many people say,
wiser from the many experiences of what has been and what could be possible is a hope, I continue to embrace.


No comments: