Saturday, May 25, 2013

Groovy kind of love! (Reinvented for today's times)

(To sing in the tune of 'Groovy Kind of Love' by Phil Collins)

When I have no clue, all I have to do
Is take a look at you, and then I feel so cool
When you're close to me, like to see you light up
And listen to your sweet ring in my ears

Any time I want to, I can turn you on too
Anything I want to, any time at all
When I miss your beeps, you help me to figure
Who could be the caller,  you are my slave!

Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me, we've got a groovy kind of love,

When I need to call, all I have to do
Is hold you cheek by jowl whether in office, home or mall
When you're in my palms, nothing seems to matter
My whole world could shatter, but not you I swear

When I am up in morn, just have to steal a glance
to know you're safely enconced, before I hurry, run or prance
And when I am off to work, I have to check your stance
I depend on you a lot, just cannot take a chance

Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me, we've got a groovy kind of love

When I am all by self, I have eyes for you, no one else
You truly complete me, and your presence is most felt
But when you are not with me, I quiver and I fear for you oh my sweet dear
Look for you here and there, hoping you are in safe hands

Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me, we've got a groovy kind of love

When I see you charged, the day goes flying by
without as such a sigh, there's nothing that gives more joy
But when you are drained and weak, I just cannot bear to see the fading light
And hear you whimper, my sweet boy.

By my side from dawn to dusk and in you I truly trust
You are the last and also my first, till the new one comes around
But I hope to see the day when there's no power and no range
You will fight the odds and be my true hero, inspite of it all.

Wouldn't you agree, baby you and me, we've got a groovy kind of love
We've got a groovy kind of love, we've got a groovy kind of love
Oho, we've got a groovy kind of love

P.s : With no offence to the original by Phil Collins :)

No comments: